… To some extent…
I spent the better part of December trying to copy Bargue plates. Unfortunately, I didn’t know what I was doing.
I tackled the first plate head on.
I didn’t know that students usually take months to finish one of these. Also, I had chosen the wrong plate to start – this head is for those who are more intermediate to advance in the Charles Bargue program.
I attempted to copy it simply by observation. Here are the results:
As you can see, there isn’t one iota of resemblance between my attempt and the original. I have been very reluctant to post my results, but the point of this blog is to keep me accountable. So I am forcing myself to do it.
This is my starting point. From here, I can only get better… Is my hope.